The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland!!!

You know, what I really want right now is for someone to explain to me yet again why global warming is such a bad thing, but before you do, I want my fingers and toes to thaw out so I can enjoy slugging you in the nose and then kicking your guts out on the cold, cold sidewalk. I want to be one with the experience. And while I am on the subject of sidewalks, I would like to point out to all and sundry here in our happy little burg that when you have completed shoveling out your sidewalks, an act mandated by municipal ordinance back in 1946, for those of you interested in such things, it would be useful for you to shovel a small passageway into the street. I do not see the point of shoveling out a sidewalk and then leaving the passersby stranded in the middle of a sea of snow, unless the point is to watch the passersby strand themselves in the middle of a sea of snow and then vent their frustration at having to return to where they started from on the kids, the dog, the postman, or anyone else who comes wandering by at the moment, or watch them wallowing through snowdrifts as tall as a house like Nanook of the North's clumsy little brother trying to get to the next cleared patch of sidewalk. This is a peculiar form of sadism, to be sure, but then most forms of sadism are peculiar to begin with and I suppose that this is a more benign form than enjoying setting fire to household pets or selling life insurance for a living.

Labels: , , , , , ,

|
<

1 Comments:

  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Good point, and I think that the Occupiers of Wall Street and their brethren elsewhere should raise the issue of equal distribution of warmth all over the globe immediately. They are wasting their talents for nothing otherwise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home