The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nostalgia is not what it used to be

 The following is something I wrote about six months ago, at a time when it was not warmer in my refrigerator than it is on my front porch.  I just love nostalgia.



As you might have heard, the weather in the northeastern United States has been nothing short of hellish these past few days. With temperatures in the high 90's and humidity hovering close to 100%, all of us here in the Vampire State have spent the last few days sweating like Mrs. Murphy's pet pig and I fear that I am no exception to the rule. In short, it's been too hot to think, much less sit down and dream up the usual confections for the Passing Parade. The weather having moderated somewhat after last night's storms; my mother is doing well, thank you, even if she is now in her fourteenth hour without electricity, which, like the deer eating her hedges, is somehow or other my fault; I will apply myself sometime during the week and have something fresh here as soon as humanly possible. I thank you all for your patience.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home