The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Friday, September 25, 2015

Just a short message from our sponsor


Just a brief update to my promise to have the pieces that I’ve been working on posted in a few days: I’m going to have to back out of that promise for a least a few extra days, at the very least. Even as I write this, there is a crew of illegal Mexicans cutting down a huge pine tree in my front yard. I realize that I shouldn’t patronize businesses that hire illegals, but the tree has to come down before it falls over of its own accord and completely demolishes my garage. That is the bad side; the worst side is that I’ve had to listen to chainsaws since 8:30 this morning and there doesn’t seem to be any end to the noise in sight or within earshot, which seems to make more sense to me than saying in sight; I don’t care what the chainsaws looks like, I just don’t want to listen to them.  As you might imagine, one of the unfortunate side effects of prolonged exposure to the sound of illegal immigrants hacking up a tree with a chainsaw is a prolonged inability to concentrate on the task at hand, and therefore I am putting off the completion of these two pieces until peace and quiet once again reign here in our happy little burg. But I will get them out eventually, I promise you that. Again, my apologies for the delay.

Labels: , , , , ,

|
<

2 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Akaky said…

    Yeah, that happened too, and there was a tornado and a snowstorm and the invasion of the Bolshevik Body Snatchers as well. You could look it up.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bolshevik Body Snatcher invasion will happen tomorrow! Let's not get ahead of ourselves

     

Post a Comment

<< Home