The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Notice of intent



Just popping here to let you guys know that there is, in fact, stuff on the way, and no, I am not making that up. Not right now, of course, but certainly by Sunday, I think. Until then, enjoy the comforts of hearth and home, kith and kin, this and that, you get my drift. Meanwhile, here in the Vampire State, the leaders of both the State Senate (a Republican) and the State Assembly (a Democrat) are both under indictment for being more crooked than a pig's penis. Bipartisanship, it's a wonderful thing.

UPDATE: I am sitting here at my desk in the egregious mold pit wherein I labor for my daily bread.  This is not unusual; I often sit at my desk here, except when I go for lunch, whereupon I will leave my desk and this building behind in a valiant but ultimately futile attempt to break free of the suffocating bounds of a rotting Christian morality and establish myself as an avatar of the Nietzschean Ubermensch with a Subway's meatball marinara sandwich and two chocolate chip cookies,  instead of the increasingly decadent roast beef  sandwich with mayonnaise and black pepper; but what is striking me as very strange is that I am the only one who seems to be doing so. Sitting at my desk, I mean, just in case you lost the thread of the previous sentence as thoroughly as I did. The place is empty. Did someone declare a national holiday today, and if so, how come I am the only person who didn't get the memo? Curiouser and curiouser, Akaky said to himself, and then wondered when the rabbit with the watch will going to show up, preferably with some not stale lemon danish. Cherry danish is acceptable as well, but raspberry danish is not. Standards must be upheld, lest the fabric of civilization disintegrate completely and leave us all in a Hobbesian state of nature without any clean underwear.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

|
<

4 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, General Contractors have nothing on our bipartisan politicos (and in my 22 yrs in the trade I am yet to see an honest GC...)

    Akaky, you got me worried.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Dick Stanley said…

    Leaders of both parties? Woo Hoo!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Not sure a Nietzschean Ubermensch will go for a Danish. An undercooked leg of mutton might be more suitable.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Akaky said…

    Sorry about the worry, Tat; entirely unintentional. Dick, yeah, both of them. New York will soon have the distinction of having the most state legislators under indictment than any other state.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home