The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Saturday, August 27, 2016

I know, I know, I should get snapping and cracking with a new post for here, but I've been too hot and sweaty and annoyed with the entire world to get around to it. You'd think there would be a lot to write about, but it's hard to make fun of reality when reality is doing its level best to make fun of everything else. Ah well, something will come to me eventually. I will see you then.

Labels:

|
<

5 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I know, I'll ask you.
    What do you know of Saratoga Springs? I have this sudden idea for a 1-day getaway on Labor Day - but googling was rather discouraging...It seems, the place is half-deserted and sad, like Catskills.
    Have you been? It could be an interesting outing, kinda "Former Glory" photo visit, a la " Detroit That Was Lost" - isn't it?

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Akaky said…

    Tat, I've been to Saratoga Springs twice, the first for a work related conference and the second for the Travers Cup. It's small town New York State, except during The Season (mid July till Labor Day) when the horses are running, which is why such a small city has so many big hotels. They also have the Saratoga Performance Art Center up there, if you're interested in that sort of thing. And Main Street has a lot of very impressive architecture, but other than that I don't know what else to say about the place. I'll be honest: the place struck me as a Westchester suburban town with a racetrack.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Akaky said…

    And this is why Saratoga Springs is so memorable for me, Tat. The below is from the archives ten years ago.

    http://passingparade.blogspot.com/2006/02/racing-story-all-right-i-need-to-say.html

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Dick Stanley said…

    Doesn't really always do that. For possible inspiration try my post on what our pal Snoopy is up to:

    https://texasscribbler.com/2016/09/01/snoopys-great-adventures/

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The link proves the general sadness of anything and anyone remotely connected to these words, Saratoga Springs.
    I've checked the national racing site; they say on Labor Day a closest race to Saratoga happens in Albany.
    My interest is in the waters, not the horsies. But I think I'll not take any chances.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home